Bank holiday closure
National Debtline and Business Debtline will closed 7th April-10th April, reopening at 9am on 11th April
Take the first step towards a fresh start with your finances
- Sometimes speaking to someone is what you need. If you’re feeling anxious or the situation is complicated, phoning us may be the best option.
- If you haven't used our services before, see our Getting ready for advice fact sheet. This explains what info we'll need from you to give you the best advice.
- You can call us on 0808 808 4000 Monday to Friday 9am-8pm and on Saturdays 9.30am-1pm.
Digital Advice Tool
- Available 24/7, our Digital Advice Tool is great if you like doing things online. We’ll ask you the same questions that we would on a call.
- We’ll give you tailored advice about dealing with your debts.
- You can still decide to call us for advice. Our advisers will be able to see all the information you have given, so you won’t have to start again or repeat yourself.
- If you need to know a bit more about advice we have given you, or just have a quick question that you want to ask, our webchat team can help.
- You will get to chat with a specialist debt adviser and will be given a copy of the chat so you can go back to it.
- Chat with us Monday to Friday 9am-8pm and on Saturdays 9.30am-1pm.
Getting help from National Debtline
- Our advisers give impartial, non-judgmental advice.
- You can contact us as many times as you need to.
- We can help if you need advice for someone else or want to remain anonymous
No matter what has happened, getting good advice is always the right choice.
Good to know
- We’re a registered charity, our services are free.
- We’ve been helping people of over 30 years.
- We helped over 100,000 people last year alone.
Our clients say "The service l got was great, everything was explained clearly".
Getting extra help if you need it
Get advice straightaway if you are at immediate risk of losing your home, essential services or goods, such as your car. Read more about emergency debt advice if our phone and webchat services aren’t open.
Sharing your information
If you have a personal, health or other issue that makes it harder to manage your finances, please tell us. What you share helps us provide the best service for you, and the information is confidential.
Need extra support?
We work with Citizens Advice and Mental Health and Money Advice so that we can offer telephone casework in some circumstances. Caseworkers can act on your behalf. We also refer to other organisations who can give further help. Read more about getting extra support.